1980s movie that starts with guy scribbling

Can't remember the name of a movie and it's bugging you? Ask our community!

1980s movie that starts with guy scribbling

Postby admin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Submitted by Les:

There is this movie i watched as a teen:
Just can remember couple details..
-maybe 1980-1990 ..
-starts of with guy scribbling..like comic character or illustration of a bald chubby man...Dont remember if it is just movie intro..or the main character is an artist..

-i think maybe the main guy has like sickness that causes him to let go of his looks (losses his hair..overweight?) but somehow (maybe stop treatment) sister or friend helps him get into shape..taking care of his looks and becomes starts to look good and grows out his hair..to impress a girl..he likes -there is the name gus somewhere in my mind..mybe comic character name..

I have been tryin to find that movie for sometime now.. getting quite frustrating..I just want to know..for the sake of knowing :D

(Its kinda like love potion no 9...movie..?) Thanks alot...for the trouble..hope you can find it...I know I havent provided much info...
Thankkksss
admin
Site Admin

Re: 1980s movie that starts with guy scribbling

Postby 80sRock » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

This sounds a little like Better Off Dead. John Cusack played Lane Meyer, who was unpopular in high school and suicidal because of his breakup with his girlfriend. He was always sketching in his notebook and his sketches would come to life and talk to him. The next door neighbor Monique was a French exchange student who helped him get his act together so he could win back his ex. To do so, he had to beat Roy (not Gus) in a skiing challenge.

Could this be the movie you remember?
80sRock

Re: 1980s movie that starts with guy scribbling

Postby JamesOrr » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:27 am

"I want my two dollars." That's a funny movie!
JamesOrr

Return to Help Me Find This Movie!