Gold skeletons around neck - 1950s movie

Can't remember the name of a movie and it's bugging you? Ask our community!

Gold skeletons around neck - 1950s movie

Postby admin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Submitted by Ted:

I am trying to find the title of a 1950's movie. I know very little but here goes. The movie must have been made 1949 to 1958? I only know the basic plot, and it was a good story.
A man and a woman find themselves in the jungle, with natives trying to kill them. They are searching for the source of gold, specifically small Gold Skeletons worn around the neck of some of the natives. As I remember the natives would place a Gold Skeleton around the neck of a dead person and throw the body in the lake. They find themselves swimming for their lives in a lake, and at the bottom of the lake are hundreds of these Golden Skeletons. I guess they get away and live happily ever after..
admin
Site Admin

Re: Gold skeletons around neck - 1950s movie

Postby admin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Reply by Cool Movie Trivia:

I think the movie you are after is a 1950 Jungle Jim adventure flick called "Captive Girl". Johnny Weissmuller played Jim, Anita Lhoest played the titular captive beauty, and prolific film star Buster Crabbe (Flash Gordon, Billy the Kid), played a fortune hunter looking for the golden skeletons.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Reply by Gord:

I too am looking for this movie and I have downloaded your suggestion. This is definately not the movie the other person or I am seeking.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Whympers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am

I believe that the movie you're looking for is The Golden Mistress (1954) aka Treasure of the Untamed.
Whympers

Return to Help Me Find This Movie!